Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Midnight epiphanies from conversations with the past

a friend asked me today, did i ever regret my decision?

and I told her in all honesty that, there were times that were insanely hard and moments when I really wanted to quit. but no, ultimately, I have no regrets.

And as I look back at my life so far, I feel an immense sense of gratitude - at how privileged I've been; at how lucky I've been to have had the opportunities I did; and at how much I've achieved in such a short time.

Am I living the life?

The life we spent our teenage days looking forward to or dreaming about?

I suddenly realised that, you know what? I am.

And even though we will always have days that suck, maybe that elusive happiness isnt so hard to find after all. Maybe they exist in the moments when we pause, and realise that we already have everything we ever hoped for.

And I don't know what is going to happen next, but in this moment - i am truly happy.



No comments: