It's a lazy Sunday. It's pouring outside, the way the best Sundays always are.
We're almost halfway through 2017, and what a year it's shaping up to be!
This first half of the year has been a period of intense soul-searching, wondering and questioning. I feel like I've looked into the mirror countless times only to find the person staring back at me someone deeply familiar yet unrecognisable. Is that who I am? Is that the face I wear? What is my truth?
Does it matter? Why?
It's been a period of too much acoustic music, eclectic movies and fantasy literature. If I am what touches my soul more deeply than anything, then I am nothing more than a composition of notes, letters, and pixels put together in a sequence of dreams. Dreams of all that I can be, dreams of a better world, and dreams of places and times I've yet to see. If I am who I love, then the people closest to me are twin mirrors of the brightest and darkest parts of myself, and to love them unconditionally is to learn to accept all that I am. If I am my deepest desires...well, I guess I'm still figuring out what those are.
If I am anything and everything that touches and changes me from my core - may it always be in the spirit of love and hope, in a bid to be kinder in a world that needs it most.
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment