skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hold out for the one who makes loving easy
I want a man I can respect, with principles, a life of his own and career aspirations that he is actively working towards. A man who takes his time to get to know me (with all my stories, complexities, vulnerabilities, strengths and flaws) and who will appreciate me in my entirety and not just the parts that are attractive or easy to love. Who above all, will respect what is important to me, even when he doesn't understand it fully. I want a man who will be committed - to me, to our relationship (and our future family) and to creating the life we want together. Who understands that all of those things will evolve and change over time, and is ok with that.
Love is a choice, and I want a man who will choose our love everyday and do whatever it takes to make it work, even when it's hard, even when it's easier to walk away, even when it hurts. I want a man who accepts who he is, and loves himself enough to know what he deserves. Who will inspire me to be a better person by being an example of how things should be. Who never needs me to be perfect, but holds me to certain standards because he believes so wholeheartedly in me. Yet, a man who is humble enough to know he is flawed and is committed to being a better person. I want a man who is kind, who loves his friends and family, who treats people with respect and compassion, especially the elderly, animals and the less fortunate. A man who prioritises both career and family equally.
I want a man who will be there for me, to love me and support me with tenderness and care, and who will remind me that I am good enough, even when I tell myself otherwise. I want a man who complements me, who is sufficiently grounded so that our shared life together will be whole and balanced and so that our kids will have someone to learn from where I am flawed.
I want a man who I find attractive, in all senses of the word, who is intelligent and witty and funny, with whom I have great chemistry and share a connection with (and yes that also means the willingness to bring me into his life, share his vulnerabilities with me and let me love him). Lastly, I want a man who is excited about life, and all that it entails, who just wants to take my hand and leap into this great big adventure.
Wherever you are, whatever you may be doing now, I look forward to meeting you someday :)
P.S. loves cuddling and giving/receiving hugs would be a plus.
No comments:
Post a Comment